Saturday, October 10, 2009

Single moms day out!

I now call myself a single mom since I am for four months. The base paid for those of us whose hubbies are deployed to go out to an Apple Orchard and Pumpkin Patch for the day. Great! Wonderful! Though I am exhausted!
Of course you could expect that a bunch of moms with their kids, trying to chase them around a farm while picking pumpkins, would be a bit crazy. I was lucky though, and had some friends tag along with her husband and he was extremely helpful! Thank you Joel and Cat!
So far, so good being a single parent though I could definitely not do it long term. Not sure how people do it. I know that Justin will be home soon and so I plug along. I would be on some sort of medication if I had to do it everyday, forever! So more power to those out there who have lost their spouses. I say that I couldn't do it. But I guess that you just have to when push comes to shove!

No comments: